When it comes to make-up, I’ve pretty much always been a smudge and smear kind of girl. Sure, I’ve used brushes before, but they always seemed like such a hassle – loose bristles plastered to cheeks, too much to keep clean, scratchiness, etc. Finger-painting my face just seemed easier.
My hue-hungry eyes, however, have now been sprung open. During a recent trip to Space.NK.Apothecary, I sat myself down in one of those high, swivel-ly chairs and let one of the company’s lovely senior beauticians do her worst.
The brushes she used – which were from a special line created specially for Space.NK – were so soft and, when I held them in my hand, very nicely weighted. And the precision that they allowed, without the oh-too-common shedding, was worth writing to you guys about.
I was lucky enough to be given the blusher brush to try out myself, but if there’s anyone out there who’d like to buy me the whole set (£85), I’d be most grateful. Wait, is that too cheeky?
Some of my other beauty favourites (as pictured above) include:
1. Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy.
2. Urban Decay glide-on cheek tint in Fetish.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in Electric.
4. Sephora matifying compact powder in Cool Nude.
5. Boux Avenue rose petal lip balm.
6. Burt’s Bees lip balm in a variety of flavours – plus cute tin.
With thanks to Abi from I Am Abimarvel for the photos of me.
All images © Kate McAuley